Monday, September 27, 2010

Coming up next...

Good Monday Jammers!  Here's hoping you all had a fabulous weekend and are well rested and ready for the workweek, I sure am.  I shared two jars of my Forbidden Banana Rum Jam with good friends over the weekend and they LOVED it.  I can't wait to make another batch, it was so inexpensive and easy to make.  I have got to start stocking my creations up instead of giving them all away or else I won't have any left by the time the Yule season is here and it is supposed to be our gifts for everyone.  Times are tight this year so all I can say to all of my friends and family is, "We hope you like Jams!"

I had posted a poll to determine which recipe I will try this week and the winner was the Spiced Blueberry Honey Jam.  I plan to go get ingredients either today or tomorrow and should have the recipe and results up by Thursday or Friday.  I am also going to go ahead and be prepared to make the batch after that as the Peach Lavender Jam so it will be the next week's posting (since it was a close 2nd in the poll).  Keep checking back! 

We threw a small dinner party on Saturday night for one of our best friends and it was a big success.  It was ladies only and we started on the living room floor with an honoring ceremony then proceeded to the dining room for a sit down Italian themed meal.  My whole day on Saturday was broken into 15 minute segments for getting the house, myself and the meal just right and each course out at the right time.  I had a BLAST and can't wait to do it again.  The menu consisted of a homemade blended herb dipping oil, with a big loaf of Italian bread and was followed by a chopped romaine salad with Parmesan cheese and croutons and a choice of 2 different vinaigrette dressings.  The main course was a baked penne rigate with meat sauce and loads of mozzarella, ricotta and provolone cheeses and also linguine tossed with a light tomato herb sauce.  Dessert was a homemade Italian love cake that I had not made before.  I was a bit nervous but it was to-die-for!!!  Our friend blew out the numeral candles, 5 and 0, and everyone raved at how good the cake was.  Even those that usually are not big sweet fans loved it.  I had requests for some of the recipes from that night and I spent today pondering where to post them.  This page is for my jams, jellies and preserves so I decided to create a 2nd blog where I can occasionally post other recipes and kitchen tips.  You can find a link over at the top on the right------>  The link is http://frommyhearthtoyourhearth.blogspot.com/

Head over and check it out if you are interested in the herb oil spice blend that I used or the cake recipe.  Don't forget to show me some love over there too, by leaving comments or becoming a follower.

Check back on this page by the end of the week for the Spiced Blueberry Honey Jam recipe...for those on the Facebook fan page you will get a reminder when a new post has been made.  Till then, Be Blessed and Be Sweet!

No comments: